About Andy Rohrer, MSN-RN, APRN, AGACNP-BC, FNP-BC, RNFA, CWS
Stephen "Andy" Rohrer is a Multi-certified APRN with board certification as a Wound Specialist through the American Board of Wound Management as well as Family Medicine and Acute Care. His passion is caring for the people of East Arkansas, bringing advanced wound healing to the delta. He commands a deep knowledge of the advanced cellular tissue products and stem cells. He is a pioneer in working to change thought processes that have encouraged amputation in the Mid-south to limb preservation.
Andy trained at the University of Alabama at Birmingham with a heavy emphasis in Vascular Surgery and endovascular repair. He further specialized in hospital medicine with intensivist training. After finishing his Acute Care Training with board certification, he trained and obtained board certification in Family Medicine at the University of Central Arkansas. He gives lectures at local universities and conferences as well as trains other providers in the specialty that he loves.
He specializes in:
- Advanced antimicrobial modalities including advanced antibiotics
- Stem Cells and Cellular Tissue Products
- Epidermal Skin Grafts
- Tissue identification and inflammatory mechanisms that cause chronic wounds
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Negative Pressure Wound Vac Therapy
- Debridement of wounds
Andy has a passion for the underserved and for those afraid of the healthcare system. He has made it his mission to seek those whom he can help and introduce them to healthcare that improves their lives. He believes healing people of their wounds is only the beginning.
Education and Training:
- Nursing Training - Shelton State Community College, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Bachelor's - University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Master's in Nursing - University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Family Practice - University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR
- Acute Care/Adult Gerontology - ANCC
- Family Nurse Practitioner - ANCC
- Certified Wound Specialist - American Board of Wound Management
In Andy's free time, he is a family man and enjoys swimming and spending time with his wife and two boys, Jack and Liam. He also has a passion for aviation, biking, and reading.